For many business owners, Payroll & Benefits management are a common core part of starting a business. Employees & Taxes need to be paid, laws need to be followed; those are the basics. There are any number of vendors offering those services who will come knocking at your door the moment you register a new business. That’s just not the case in the Cannabis Industry.
A chance encounter on a Southwest Flight led today’s guest to ring up a friend running a successful dispensary, only to find they’d been dropped by 6 payroll companies to service their 100 employees. Layer on complex legal structures, regulations, and tax codes. These are the seeds of what is an especially big problem for the Cannabis industry this is. It takes a special kinda person to want to start a company to solve those problems.
Please enjoy the Founder’s Journey of Wurk Founder & CEO, Keegan Peterson.
Wurk exists to help underserved businesses fortify, comply, and thrive in the face of uncertain regulatory environments. Designed specifically for the cannabis industry, our platform and managed services, allows employers to protect and streamline their operations, while providing an environment where people are a priority every step of the way. The intuitive solution automates the most complicated and risk-prone processes associated with Human Resources. For more information visit enjoywurk.com.
Wurk currently provides services to over 400 licensees in 33 legal cannabis states. Since the inception of the company, Wurk has paid over 60,000 employees.
- Kevin Frender: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mtinlin1/
- Matt Tinlan: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mtinlin1/
- Deirdre Gordon: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deirdraogorman/
- Burning Man: https://burningman.org/
- Canopy Boulder: https://twitter.com/CanopyBoulder
- Patrick Grey: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reapatrick/
- Mika Tapman: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mtapman/
- Arcview: https://arcviewgroup.com/
- Weed the People: https://www.netflix.com/title/81016247
Keegan Peterson, CEO & Founder, Wurk
Brian Weber, Host, Lit Up: A Founder’s Journey