It’s so refreshing when you meet someone who understands what fulfills them and is actually doing it! It’s their calling. They’re mission driven. That is especially true for today’s guest: Mara Gordon, Co-Founder of Aunt Zelda’s.
The drive to care for a loved one is a very powerful force. Mara, confronted with the challenge of helping her husband, when traditional methods had failed, turned to Cannabis. The impact was immediate, but unfocused. The obstacle in turning to Cannabis was that there was no data on effective dosing. She wanted a prescription, but ended up with a picnic! To a Process Engineer that is unacceptable. The ensuing journey in treating her husband, herself, loved ones, and eventually others embarked Mara down the road to solve the dosing issue for Cannabis.
In the documentary “Weed the People”, and her TED Talk “Cannabis: Separating the Science from the Hype”, shares part of Mara’s journey of applying a collaborative, qualitative approach, in uncovering effective dosing for Cannabis. Her Aunt Zelda’s oil heavy Carrot Cake recipe was the perfect delivery method for some of those initial doses. That mission has now expanded to 4 companies, to deliver data-driven, Cannabis-based plant medicines, research, and knowledge for practitioners.
Please enjoy the Amazing Founder’s Journey of Mara Gordon, Co-Founder of Aunt Zelda’s.
Mara Gordon, Professional Summary: https://auntzeldas.org/about/mara-gordon/
Aunt Zelda’s, Corporate Summary: https://auntzeldas.org/about/
- Cannabis: Separating the Science from the Hype | Mara Gordon | TEDxPaloAlto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyAGlb8PMRc
- My Experience From 24 Years In California Cannabis: From Compassionate Use To A Corporate Buyout: https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cannabis/20/08/16903769/my-experience-from-24-years-in-california-cannabis-from-compassionate-use-to-a-corporate-buyout
- Mara Gordon: Aunt Zelda’s, For Every Household: https://www.forbes.com/sites/warrenbobrow/2019/05/29/mara-gordon-aunt-zeldas-for-every-household/
- Weed the People: https://www.weedthepeoplemovie.com/
- Lawrence Ringo:
- A Hidden Origin Story of the CBD Craze: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/23/sunday-review/coronavirus-cbd-oil.html
- Lawrence Ringo: Father of CBD: https://theemeraldmagazine.com/lawrence-ringo/
- Zelira Therapeutics: https://zeliratx.com/
- Calla Spring Wellness:
Canna/Non-Canna Founders LinkedIn & Social
- Steve Jobs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
- Mother Teresa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa
Hashtags: #LitUpCannabis #CannabisFoundersJourney #CannabisEntrepreneur #Founder #Cannabis #Entrepreneur #MaraGordon #AuntZeldas
Brian Weber, Producer & Host, Lit Up Cannabis: A Founder’s Journey